The Mission of the York Parks and Recreation Department is to provide a variety of recreational opportunities for citizens of all ages with multiple interests through recreational programs and facilities.
The City of York provides a park system accessible to all ages and abilities that promote community health and well-being and builds community connections
Interested in volunteering or sponsoring athletic teams?
York Parks and Recreation Department has a variety of volunteer and sponsorship opportunities available:
- Coaching Youth Athletic Programs
- Officiating Youth & Adult Athletic Programs
- Instructing Activity Programs
- Park Maintenance
- Sponsoring Youth & Adult Athletic Teams and/or Leagues
York Parks and Recreation Department requires that all volunteers complete the following requirements:
- Application for Volunteering
- Authorization for Release of Information
- Background Check
- Coaches Code of Ethics (Youth athletic programs only)